Living in South Florida allows us to enjoy wonderful weather almost all year round. On occasion though we do have strong storms and hurricanes, which can lead to water damage in your home. If your home has water damage, submitting an insurance claim is important in order to get the proper compensation for the damages your home has sustained. Whether your home has been damaged due to flooding, a burst pipe, or a hurricane you can submit a water damage insurance claim to recover some of the losses. When you speak with a public adjuster they can help you get your claim processed quickly so you can restore your home and get everything back to normal as soon as possible.

What should I do if my home floods?

Nobody wants to think about what could happen if a pipe bursts, a hurricane comes, or flooding occurs. However, being prepared in case something does happen to your home can prevent future headaches. Make sure you have an experienced public adjuster who you can call in case your home is damaged due to flooding. There are a few things you want to make sure to do following a flood including:

  • Remove as much water as possible. When your home floods you want to try and get the water out of your home as quickly as possible. If you leave water in your home it can ruin your furniture and other items in your home. You also have the possibility of mold damage which is why getting the excess water out is so important.
  • Take pictures and document the damages. When your home is damaged a public adjuster can help you, but it also will help if you document the damages immediately following the incident. Taking pictures of the damage your home has undergone is the best way to insure your insurance claim gets settled quickly and for the amount you deserve.

Whatever water damage your home has incurred the quicker you act the better. Having an experienced public adjuster is important to make sure that your claim doesn’t get denied and that your claim gets paid for the amount you deserve. Nobody wants to deal with water damage in their home, but if you do have an accident it’s important to have a public adjuster you can contact.